Thursday, 15 November 2007

Work In Progress.

Here are two early scans of a painting I have started based on the sketch in my last post.

The first is the result of 30 minutes of quick blocking in of colour. I'm using Acrylic paint.

It was after this that I realised that I needed guns. Lots of guns. I mean brushes, lots of brushes. More specifically; some fine-tipped brushes with which to apply the detail.

So after a trip to WHSmith I continued for another couple of hours, adding some more definition and getting the colours closer to real life, as shown in the second image.

With reflection, the (main) eye doesn't look quite right, it's the wrong shape, which I think is the fault of the initial layout sketch. It will be the first thing I attempt to correct when I resume painting.

No comments: